Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The very first blog......

I'd like to first explain why I've started my blog. I like to tell stories, mostly family stories. Like most parents, I love to brag about my kid. His name is Eli and he’s a crazy little 2 ½ year old. He will be the main subject of most of my stories J The Eli story I’ve told others that seems to burn into memories the most is the time this child picked up a cockroach and ate half of it. He had little cockroach legs around his mouth and was holding the other half in his hand. This little boy, is just that a full on grubby, stinky, bug eating, loving little boy. He is scared of nothing and will do anything. He amazes me, at times disgusts me but more than anything makes me proud of the boy he is and the man he will be.


My other subject is my husband Joey. This man has given me so much material I don’t even know what to do with it all. To give you a little taste of how off the wall he is, on a regular basis I find myself pleading with him to have a normal conversation with me. Because more often than not he will sing a conversation to me. That’s right he will sing through a conversation. And if he isn’t singing than he’s dancing. And if he isn’t dancing he is making a fart noise or some other crazy sound. He is the love of my life and he always keeps me entertained.






So those are my Chapin boys. You’ll get to know them very well through my blog so get ready ;)




The things I brag about might be slightly different than one would expect. I like to brag about the silly things that go on. The things that maybe no one else would tell a soul, I brag to anyone that will listen. I of course like any wife or mother love to brag about the great things that happen in my Chapin boy's lives also. Which is why I’ve titled this blog The Chapin’s Blunders and Wonders. You will not only hear about all the silly blunders that go on but also the amazing wonders that happen in this Chapin family of three.

I'm like an old man, in the way that I love telling stories. Usually ones that I think are hilarious and have a great punch line. I can tell the same story over and over again and still laugh at it just the same as I did when it happened to me or when I heard it the first time (you know just like an old man that tells the same story time and time again) I'm starting this blog so that I can share all my stories with you.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE hearing all of your Chapin stories. They are classic as you say. I can't wait to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited!! So excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! A new blog to follow! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay love it! im already a follower haha!!!
    they really are great chapins, and brag all you want thats what ill be doing in mine haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Awesome!!! I hope my child is like this and I get Jennifer to spread all my stories to the world!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the excitment guys, I'm so happy you will all be reading!

    Andy, Oh my goodness Jennifer is going to have so many stories of you kids she will not know what to do with them all. And those I can not wait for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh I miss you telling me stories!

    ReplyDelete